ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Last Modified: 12/21/2017
This Acceptable Use Policy (“Policy”) describes actions that Onata prohibits when any party uses our Site or the Services. This Policy is incorporated by reference and governed by the Terms of Service, which contains explanations of defined terms and takes precedence over any conflicting provisions in this Policy. You, the User, may not use the Services without agreeing to this Policy. Thus, you agree not to use, and not to encourage or allow any other User to use, our Services in a prohibited manner, including but not limited to the following:
- Any access to or use of the Site or Services by anyone under 16. If you are under the age of 18, you represent that a parent or legal guardian agrees to this Agreement on your behalf.
- Using the Site or Service to encourage any illegal, abusive, or other activities that interfere with the business or activities of Onata.
- Using the Site or Services to transmit any material that is, facilitates, or encourages libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, or otherwise malicious or harmful speech or acts to any person or entity, including but not limited to hate speech, and any other material that Onata reasonably believes degrades, intimidates, incites violence against, or encourages prejudicial action against anyone based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, geographic location or other protected category.
- Using the Site or Services in any manner that may subject Onata or any third party to liability, damages, or danger.
- Using the Site or Services in connection with any unsolicited or harassing messages (commercial or otherwise) including unsolicited or unwanted phone calls, SMS or text messages, voice mail, or faxes.
- Using the Site or Services to engage in or in connection with fraudulent activity.
- Violating or facilitating the violation of any local, state, federal, or foreign law, ordinance or regulation, including laws and regulations regarding the transmission of data or software.
- Taking any action to participate in, encourage, or promote any activity prohibited under this Policy or the Terms of Service.
- Upload or transmit via the Site pornographic, embarrassing or otherwise inappropriate content.
- Creating a false identity or forged email address or header, or phone number, or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message or phone call.
- Impersonate another person or access another User’s User Account without that User’s permission or to violate any contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Share Onata-issued passwords with any third party or encourage any other User to do so.
- Misrepresent the source, identity, or content of User Content.
- Using the Site or Services to transmit or provide any material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or other rights of any third party.
- Using the Site or Services in any manner that violates industry standards, any third party policies or requirements that Onata may communicate to its Users including any usage requirements.
- Attempting to bypass, remove, circumvent, disable, damage, break or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Site, or features that enforce limitations on use of the Site or Services.
- Modifying, disassembling, reverse compiling, attempting to find the source code of, or reverse engineering any part of the Site, except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Launching or facilitating, whether intentionally or unintentionally, a denial of service attack on any of the Site or Services or any other conduct that adversely impacts the availability, reliability, or stability of the Site or Services.
- Transmitting, uploading, or distributing any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms or any other malicious, harmful, or deleterious programs or any software intended to damage or alter, interfere with or disrupt a computer or communication network, handheld device, mobile device, data, the Site, or any other system, device or property.
- Engaging in any unsolicited advertising, marketing or other activities, including any activities that violate anti-spam laws and regulations including the CAN SPAM Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act (or any similar or analogous anti-spam, data protection, or privacy legislation in any other jurisdiction).
- Using the Site or Services to harvest or otherwise collect any personally identifiable information about others, including account names, email addresses or phone numbers.
- Using the Site or Services, or any component of the Site or Services, in any manner not authorized by Onata or that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or Services.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or Services, or any part of them, other User Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, or any part of them, through hacking, password mining or any other means or interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or Services or any activities conducted on the Site or through the Services.
- Modify the Site or Services in any manner or form, or use modified versions of the Site or Services, including but not limited to for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Site or Services.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or Services.
- Modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Site or Services.
- Rent, lease, loan, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the Site or Services to any third party; provide time sharing or similar services for any third party.
- Access the Site or Services if you are a direct competitor of Onata, except with Onata’s prior written consent, or for any other competitive purposes.
- Remove, obscure, or alter any proprietary rights notices (including copyrights and trademark notices) posted on the Site or Services, or any part thereof.
- Frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Onata’s without our express written consent.
- Use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing Onata’s name or trademarks without our express written consent.
- Run Maillist, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site or any processes that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Site or Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Site’s infrastructure).
- Access or use the Site or Services in a way intended to avoid incurring any applicable fees.
Please note: This list of prohibited uses is provided by way of example and should not be considered exhaustive. All determinations related to violations of this Policy will be made by Onata in its sole discretion.
While we’ve done our best to make our Policy complete, readable, and understandable, you may still have additional questions. If so, please feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com.